Our goal is to create a network of organisations and institutions to work together to combat discrimination and empower refugee with a disability to use Sport to get included into sociey.
The STEADY Project aims to:
• Develop a wide Network of Promoting Equal Opportunities of Young Migrants and Minorities with disabilities in Sport.
• Involve Refugees with disabilities to a greater extent in the promotion of “sport for all” in cooperation with sports organizations, especially in order to reach a younger population and reduce intolerance and discrimination;
• Involve social sector and national human rights institutions to a greater extent in combating discrimination in sport, promote their co-operation in running awareness-raising activities, and authorize these bodies to participate in legal actions brought to improve access to sport for all
• Showcase best practices from across Europe at international, state and local level
• Present how Paralympic committees, Sport Federations governing Paralympic Sports & NGOs can use sport as a tool to cultivate tolerance and social inclusion sharing expertise between relevant stakeholders at international, national and local level.